Camping and weekend getaway near Bangalore may be a break from the monotonous busy life. Thanks to the fast pace of life in Bangalore, people are looking forward to those weekend getaways. This has increased outdoor activities like camping, trekking, and hiking. On the outskirts of Silicon Valley, there are numerous places where one can go, catch an opportunity, rejuvenate themselves and refuel to fight the long strenuous week ahead. Camping is usually a wonderful experience but if you plan, you’ll turn it into a memory that will last forever. you’ve got so many choices in and around Bangalore that will make you understand why locals want to protect nature as much as possible. prepare to uncover some of the best places for camping near Bangalore with this amazing list.
Best Time To Travel
The best months to visit Bangalore are from October to February which is the winter months here. Being a populous city and an IT hub of India, Bangalore is best known for its moderate climate that’s very pleasing to everyone. While the temperature hovers between 27-35 degree Centigrade in Summers; Winters could be freezing with the mercury dropping below 15 degrees Celsius. Monsoons, on the opposite hand, are pleasant and chill making Bangalore suitable for a visit throughout the year.
Reasons To Undertake To
Bangalore may be a hub where you can drive into the nearby finest destinations. A perfect break on the weekend to some nearby destination will re-energize you and leave you completely rejuvenated. mentioning this opportunity will make your days better. Camping near Bangalore may be a good option for travel enthusiasts. A pleasant trip solo, during a group, or together with your close people will drive you crazy.
How To Reach?
Bangalore is well connected to all or any parts of the country by air, road, and rail. The Bengaluru International Airport is located in Devanahalli, 40kms from the town, which is accessible through buses, taxis, and helicopters. The Bengaluru City railroad station and Yeshwantpur Junction are the major railway terminals where most trains arrive. Government and personal bus services are also available to and from major Indian cities.
How to reach Bangalore by flight?
Kempegowda International Airport is one of India’s busiest and most modern airports. it’s connected to around 50 destinations across the country and plenty of international destinations as well. It hosts 10 domestic and 21 international airlines like Air India, Qatar, Emirates, Jet Airways, and Etihad Airways, among many others.
How to reach Bangalore by road?
If you’re up for a bit of adventure, you’ll travel to Bangalore by bus. There are both government and personal buses that operate from all the major towns like Mumbai, Goa, Chennai, Hyderabad, etc. The bus arrives and departs from the Bangalore Bus Stand, which is opposite the Bangalore City railway station.
How to reach Bangalore by train?
Bangalore has two main rail terminals- Bangalore City and Yeshwantpur Junction.
The Yeshwantpur Junction is found on NH-4 and mostly long-distance trains arrive and depart from here. After arriving at the junction, you’ll need to take a taxi or a rickshaw to the main city which is easily available outside the station.
Places To Visit
- Camp GeeDee
- Bananthimari Betta
Things To Carry
Sleeping mat or cot if tent camping
Table and camping chairs
Mallet, spare pegs, and puller
Spare batteries, portable charger, and cables
Torch and head torch
Tent repair kit, paracord, gaffa tape, cable ties, kit
Air pump if needed for an airbed
Waterproof jacket, trousers, and umbrella
Clean and dry clothes to sleep in
Wooly hat, gloves, and sunhat
Spare underwear and socks
Lightweight and fast-drying materials
Sun protection and sunglasses
Stove or BBQ
Lighters or matches
Cool box or fridge
Pots, pans, and kettle
Plates, bowls, and mugs
Cooking and eating utensils
Dishcloths and sponge
Washing up liquid and bowl
Tin & opener
Any toiletries you’d usually use: soap, shampoo, conditioner
Any regular medicines
First aid kit
Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes
Face masks to wear in communal areas
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Booking details and any tickets
Breakdown cover details
Contact details of the closest vet if necessary
- Camping may be a recreational activity in which participants take up temporary residence outdoors, usually using tents or specially designed or adapted vehicles for shelter.
- Different types of camping may be named after their form of transportation, like canoe camping, car camping, RVing, and backpacking, including ultralight backpacking.
- Modern campers frequent publicly owned natural resources like national and state parks, wilderness areas, and commercial campgrounds. In a few countries, like Sweden and Scotland, public camping is legal on privately-held land also.
- It was at one time only a rough, back-to-nature pastime for hardy open-air lovers, but it later became a quality holiday for vast numbers of ordinary families.
- The history of recreational camping is usually traced back to Thomas Hiram Holding, a British traveling tailor.
- In 1853 Thomas crossed the prairies of the us in a wagon train, covering some 1,900 km (1,200 miles) with a corporation of 300. In 1877 he camped with a canoe on a cruise within the Highlands of Scotland, and he made an identical trip the next year.
- Camping was first popularized within the UK on the river Thames. Before this, camping as recreation was essentially unprecedented. consistent with Terence Young, the author of Heading Out: A History of Yank Camping, the word “camp” was probably inspired by military encampments.
- The history of camping in America begins at the top of the 1860s. consistent with Terence Young, the author of Heading Out: A History of yank Camping, the word “camp” was probably inspired by military encampments.
Camping is usually a wonderful experience but if you plan, You’ll turn it into a memory that will last forever. you’ve got so many choices in and around Bangalore that will make you understand why locals want to protect nature as much as possible.